VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me or show me how to attatch this brilliant awining to my bus:confused: Seen these gutter rails about but reading a bit more about them I dont think this system will work
Anybody else done it T:

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
You can -
add a j rail to the roof to attach the awning pole to using clamps
use suckers to clamp onto the body work and then attach the awning to it
you can put a j rail into the guttering on the roof. Nice and hidden. Then attach using kador.
You can use guy ropes to pull over the vehicle

so plenty of options.
There are pic of options on the forum. Worth looking for.

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Mine came with 3 'D' rings on the attachment bellows for ropes to tie over the top of the van, I discovered this after I'd just bought a Remorail!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The new Khyam awnings (from last year onwards) dont come with the d rings, you now have to buy that extra and attach that to the awning rail with the fig8 plastic bits. Currently the Khyams just come with a kador strip (a kind of piped edging)

I bought one of these d ring thingys (kador converter) because i didnt have a reimo rail, used it once at vanfest and it now sits in the shed unused, as I got a rail fitted at cmc in kent.

The best way of attaching any awning is probably a rail. whether you feed the edging of the tent in as you reverse the van onto it, (or drag the tent sideways!) or buy a double edged kador strip and feed THAT between the van and the fig 8 strips after you have parked the van (at the right distance away!) is up to you. You also have the option of a pole and clamp , but I tried that once and gave it up as a bad idea.

I know that sounds really complicated but it isnt. i did find aasking mrsjar to reverse the van while i fed the piping into the rail was nervewracking the first time:D

jar
john r

1 - 4 of 4 Posts