VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Probably not!

The pic shows a slammed L2, which is significantly lower than a T5. The only way to find out is to go and get a demonstration at a camping shop, taking your van to try it with.

I have a Khyam Tourer and it doesn't fit my T5/6 because it is too low. Headroom is about 4ft 6in!

I saw one of these recently, worth looking into:

http://www.royal-leisure.co.uk/product/Traveller_3_Bustent_108603

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably not!

The pic shows a slammed L2, which is significantly lower than a T5. The only way to find out is to go and get a demonstration at a camping shop, taking your van to try it with.

I have a Khyam Tourer and it doesn't fit my T5/6 because it is too low. Headroom is about 4ft 6in!

I saw one of these recently, worth looking into:

http://www.royal-leisure.co.uk/product/Traveller_3_Bustent_108603
The other tents on there also show the slammed l2 but fit t5's, I think the image is just for illustraation purposes.
wow that royal is like putting my house up next to my van, abit to rigid and square looking for my liking

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
We saw quite a few on t5 at a recent show and they fitted perfect, great awnings T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one of these on my T5 it fits brilliantly, use clamp and pole fitting into Reimo/Brandrup rail on side of van. Only thing you have to be a little careful of is when opening door it doesn't catch gusset that attaches to van. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have one of these and it is great

However - mine is mounted to a j-rail in the gutter; therefore is a bit of a pita to fit and is a little high to secure properly to the ground at the van end.
If you go with the side mounted reimo type rail- this will not be a problem
From parking my van i can be sat enjoying a beer inside half an hour - very easy to put up single handed (just practice somewhere discreet first ;))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts