VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this (in fact any) forum so please excuse me if I am going about this wrong, my dad just brought a T4, 2.4lt, W reg (2000), someone has hacked about at the electrics (honestly, there was wires jammed in the front of the fuse panel), and added a kill switch, enter my father, who on getting it home and it being stood for a while needed to charge the battery, off came all the wires and since it has not started, I suspect the kill switch installation is causing the issue and would like to remove it, there is a wire from the kill switch to a relay under the hood, then on to the battery etc. the other wire from the kill switch is jammed (and I mean jammed) in to the front of fuse No. 13!, when trying to start it turns over but no spark. any help greatly appreciated or even a link to a decent easy to understand wiring diagram, I am no mechanic but own an old T25 myself so have a bit of knowledge. thanks in advance.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,877 Posts
YOU AIN'T GONNA FIND A "correct" WIRING DIAGRAM.....especially if over it's life it will have been extensively modified!
There are wiring diagrams available, but NOT easy to follow, even for electronics engineer.

Try replacing fuse 13 with a good one....maybe the wiring bypassed it with the switch.

There should be FOUR wires to any relay....where do the others go?

Is this a petrol? (I suspect so as so you say no "spark").
If so, try searching for some Canadian/USA forums, as 75% of petrol vans are there (The others are mainly in Japan.)
IF the rest of the van is in good condition, consider changing to a diesel TD (TDi better, but needs a lot of electrical work)
Even your old T25 was a common place to put a Golf diesel engine in. ;)

Check your details, as the 2.4 was only built up to 1996, after that it was the 2.5TDi or 2.8TDi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts