VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a family that read loads of books we got the kids a kindle last year. It makes so much sense when there's 4 in a camper. Suddenly we arent taking up half the vans storage with books! Fantastic! We used to go on a two week holiday with at least 5 books each.

If only clothes could be shrunk like that. Maybe east German naturist camping, lol!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
As a family that read loads of books we got the kids a kindle last year. It makes so much sense when there's 4 in a camper. Suddenly we arent taking up half the vans storage with books! Fantastic! We used to go on a two week holiday with at least 5 books each.

If only clothes could be shrunk like that. Maybe east German naturist camping, lol!
awesome.. I have a ridiculous number of books on mine, (I don't watch TV) and have moved from hardcore 'Nothing will ever replace paper' and having about 3k books at home, to basically only buying books electronically now! I have a Kindle, but prefer reading on the Kindle app on my iPad. Awesome.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Reading is the most anti-social form of relaxation ever invented I: My wife is an avid reader and I bought her a Kindle for her Xmas last year, she never speaks to me now ..............................

Hold on

I love the Kindle LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Kindles rock, I used to travel a lot for work and read trash fiction to turn my brain off before I went to bed. As a result, my bookshelves are jam packed with ebarassing trashy crime and war books. Since I got my kindle, no-one can see the sh*te that I read :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure hiding the trash we read is an advantage. My wife churned through the 50 shades books. Put a smile on my face it did ;) more than once no less.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I was going to say how relaxing an electronic device it is, unlike than a tablet/notebook which is stimulating rather than making you slow down and chill on hols, but I see this thread is going in another direction.

never thought I'd enjoy such a un spec'd device so much !

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
SNAP!!

but get her to read rude books I: now I really love kindle !!!

;) so pleased I got her the other two books!!
LOL: yep been together 13 years and after her reading some filth it feels like 13 days , kindle gets the thumbs up from me T:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Love my Kindle

Love books by A C Doyle.

Love reading about the Titanic.

Now I can even combine both!! (The Adventure of the Maiden Voyage)

Awesome.

BTW (getting serious now). It's great that I can also download manuals, mainly for dive equipment (regulators, dive computers etc) and take them all with me on trips abroad just in case a piece of kit needs a little "tweak" or tlc.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Reading is the most anti-social form of relaxation ever invented I: My wife is an avid reader and I bought her a Kindle for her Xmas last year, she never speaks to me now ..............................

Hold on

I love the Kindle LOL:LOL:

where can i buy one of these machines :D

·
Registered
779 Posts

Buy a ball, the kids will love it;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts