VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
can anyone recommend a decent set of kitchen knives ? ive been using tescos own go cook range which in all fairness are very good but the range is getting limited .
i dont mind spending 100ish quid but cant quite stretch to the prices of global ect ...
any advise please
kieran

·
Registered
2,569 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
totally agree with chrisd1,
am not a chef but love cooking, have had a set of the Victorinox Knife Block 11 Piece set in Rosewood for 15 or so years, still as good as the day they were bought for me

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
I have a set of Global knives, but only ever use one of themT:

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
dont bother with global, i had some when they first came out at work they are the most uncomfortable knives ever, if you are after a full set of half decent knives go for some victorinox with rosewood handles, I have been using these for over 20 years at work as a chef and would noy use anything else

http://www.chefsknivesonline.com/eur...FdQhtAodunUYyw

Jay. :ILU:

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Chrisd1, I have a question,

when I worked as a maintenance fitter at Bowyers, we had to stop using hammers and screwdrivers with wooden handles, the danger of a splinter of wood entering the food chain was just too great ! ! !

Why are you cooks! using knives with rosewood handles? A work chum was admonished by a non engeneering manager for using a 'wooden' handled hammer, what the idiot did not know was it was plastic shaped as a wooden handle. Any apology. . . you must be joking. Cheers, Tony.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts