VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kitchen pod + table £395

Hi All :)

I have had a couple of peeps ask about these so thought i better get one together.
So for £395 you get a Kitchen pod complete with..

Sink with glass Lid
Micro switched tap,
12v water pump,
12l fresh water tank,
12l waste water tank
Folding Table
Storage area has shelf inside
2 carry handels

The water pump comes ready to plug into your cigarette lighter.
Both water tanks are stored at the very back of the unit,on top of each other via a shelf. This still allows excellent storage inside the pod itself.
I can make a recess at the bottom rear of the unit (for T4 owners) so the unit can sit fully back upto the rear seat.
This setup is ideal with the use of a portable camping cooker/stove (not included). I decided not to build a gas hob into my unit due to the extra room the gas bottle takes, when a portable gas stove can do a excellent job on its own.:)

Availble in maple, Puntinella, Carbon or grey.

Its 510 x 530 x 760 high.
(will also come with a waste container on the bottom shelf.)

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Kitchen pod + table £395

Oh that's grand!
Nice price too

Is it going to have Bottom in it ?
If requested i can put a bottom on.:)

Personally i would use a tub/container inside the unit. As if you remove the unit when its full to the brim, It will be heavy. And if its full of lots of smaller items, would you bother to remove all the items first before removing the unit? Most of us in a rush would just be lifting it out full LOL:

So it could be easier to remove the unit, Then the container with all your items from van. That was my thought when i built in anyhow.

But either way, No worries T:

·
Registered
723 Posts

Andy, great product exactly what I have been looking for. Could you tell me the dimensions and the length the table protrudes from the pod.
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Andy, great product exactly what I have been looking for. Could you tell me the dimensions and the length the table protrudes from the pod.
Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris :)

Will finish the unit off fully tommorrow and will give the final dimensions then.

Cheers Andy T:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I thought you mentioned Puntinella when we last spoke as a colour option.

Sorry missed that one out, totally forgot. :bhd

And dont think i would have been able to spell it either Rasp:

Colour options are...

Puntinella
Carbon
Maple
Grey.

Dimensions tommorrow.

T:

·
Registered
15 Posts

Looking good!

Have you got any idea what carridge would be on one of those? living right at the bottom of cornwall it would cost me half that in diesel to pick it up!

Cheers

James

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hi everyone.

Really sorry for the delay on this one.

I have still not finished the pod off :(

I have been converting a van of Ricks from Alan Schofield (some aircooled peeps may know him) which has kept me busy, and then any spare time i have had, i wanted to be playing with my new toy (caddy.)

Not very professional i know, But i love vans just as much as you lot.

I would be willing to post. I really need to get a finished product then weigh and measure it. i think it would be around the £30-£40 mark.

I will update the thread with some proper pics and final dimensions when its hopefully complete next week.

Thanks Andy :)

·
Registered
258 Posts

Hi Andy what has Rick gone for ? knowing him the works I: Hope alls well could do with coming up and getting my rear window done can you have a word with the guy for me. Not done anything on the van apart from removing bulkhead.I:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Hi Andy what has Rick gone for ? knowing him the works I: Hope alls well could do with coming up and getting my rear window done can you have a word with the guy for me. Not done anything on the van apart from removing bulkhead.I:
Hi Keiran,

Ricks gone for a pretty simple conversion, Dont think he wanted to spend too much. I think a basic conversion will be nice has him and the missis always sleep in the back of the works LT at the shows.

I,ve got to ring him myself about my rear window tinting. It may be a couple of weeks before i get round to it, But i will let you know when it going to happen.

T:

·
Registered
153 Posts

dirty plates will wait but a cup of t when its raining would be nice. could it be adapted to take a cooker?

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

dirty plates will wait but a cup of t when its raining would be nice. could it be adapted to take a cooker?
Hi Jamie,

Yes it can be fitted with a 2 burner hob with glass lid.

It would also come with gas bottle holder, Slight extra charge of £20 due to the extra cost of the hob (the hob costs more than that, but i would save a little on the water containers )

You would have to supply your own gas bottle and reg.

Thanks Andy :)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi,

That looks just like what i'm after, dimentions would help and im thinking hob not sink too as a brew is top of the priority list!!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hi,

That looks just like what i'm after, dimentions would help and im thinking hob not sink too as a brew is top of the priority list!!
Hi,

Just had a quick measure up.

Its 510 x 530 x 760 high.

Can add hob as discribed above. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts