VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I am after some advice.

I have had a 5m kite for around 12 months now, and have been landboarding a few months.

Now i have managed to get going on the board OK and can go up and down pretty good. (well pretty good for meI:)

My old kite is getting a bit battered so looking for a newer one, But dont have lots of money coming out of my pockets :(

I have seen http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HQ-Beamer-5m-MYSTIC-harness-Scudboard-power-bar-kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a10Q7c66Q3a1Q7c39Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a25QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4cea29ba43QQitemZ330346117699QQptZUKQ5fSportingGoodsQ5fKitesQ5fKitesurfingQ5fCAQQsalenotsupported on ebay and have managed to get a deal with the seller.

But, i am not sure what the board thing is, Can anyone help.
My aim is to kitesurf and thought this may help me learn a little.
I know its not suttable for kitesurfing, But would it give me a idear of what i would be like?

Any help or advice welcome please

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It this part that puzzels me.....

quote...2. The Scudboard - as seen in the pic, this board resembles a snowboard but is much lighter, can be used on sand, very shallow water( the edge of the sea!), wet grass and snow.

How can something slide on wet grass and sand :confused:Or is it made for someone who weighs a lot less than me I:

What is a Scudboard? Or is that spelt wrong?

Help please guys :D

Gaz, if i do buy it, im sure you would like to go first T:

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Got a 2005 / 6. 9m Naish Boxer kite only for sale if you want a good cheap kite can do you a deal on it i feel.

Steve W....

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andy think that Scudboard must be spelt wrong or sommit, can't find any links to such a thing.

I'm up for doing abit of Kitesurfing myself Andy so keep your eye out for me aswell, can't continue borrowing all your gear mate T:
I,ll keep my eyes out gaz, But as this serch has just found out, I,m bloody useless LOL:

One day i will kitesurf I:

·
Registered
613 Posts
No more knowledge here ......... I:

I'm a newbie to the power kites. Just done a day with Tractionkiting.co.uk and Softbuthappy's picking up a buggy I've bought on e-bay and bringing it to Beaulieu for me.

Hoping I might find a quiet corner to have a blast ....... but shhhh don't tell anyone..H:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Never heard of Scud boarding - but I like the sound of it :ILU: Although skim boarding in an inch of water harnessed to a kite sounds like it would lead to many many bruises and abrasions!!

Kitesurfing is great fun but the kit aint cheap - buy the absolyte best you can afford.

Bangbus has the best idea, go along for the weekend, check out the demo gear available, chat with your fellow forum members who will be happy to show you their kit and talk your ears off LOL:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts