VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i just bought a t4 got ride of the old one,and have just noticed a knocking comeing from the front passenger side,it seems to stop when you put the clutch down and gets more frequent when you speed up,i have checked the c,v boots,which leaves me thinking drive shaft! anyone got any ideas thanks T:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Of course, had you simply typed 'knocking noise' into the search box, you would have seen several threads (including one started by myself) giving you more than a pretty good idea as to what the problem is more than likely to be, but;
a) that would mean doing something yourself,
and b) having a bit of patience, as when I done exactly that just now it took a whole 0.55 seconds...

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
I love it some one asks a question with a description and wonders why he does not get much response.

So you have checked your CVs and found nothing wrong. Why would you think that the bit of bar between then would be the problem?

If it was bent pressing the clutch would not make any change. or did you not realise there are actually 4 CVs on a 2wd van?

Pressing the clutch making the noise go often points to the gearbox as being the problem.

You say the noise changes with speed but you do not say if it is with wheel speed or if it is different in different gears.

You have checked for big rocks stuck in your tyres haven't you.

I am out take it to a garage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats the 5th post i put on here and it takes me to get the aarrrrs to get a reply and im the on that's rude lol thats funny!!! ya like im really going to bother !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This guy really would be a lot more at home behind the wheel of a T5 I:
i admit i was a bit ed when i dribbled that! but still this is the most replys ive had so i must have done something right"that did make laugh the next day sorry to those i have insulted,to those i haven't form a Que lol;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts