VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me where I can get the strengthening plates from I'm going to get all the brackets from TPS but not sure about the plates that go underneath the van - Can they supply these and does anyone know the part number?

Cheers,

Lewis

·
Registered
7 Posts
7HO 803 547 A
7HO 803 548 A

If you are fitting a tripple rear seat, you'll need 4 of each. If it's a Kombi double and single system then you'll need 8 of each. When I bought mine from VW they were less than £2 each

Hope that helps T:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thank you

7HO 803 547 A
7HO 803 548 A

If you are fitting a tripple rear seat, you'll need 4 of each. If it's a Kombi double and single system then you'll need 8 of each. When I bought mine from VW they were less than £2 each

Hope that helps T:

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
hi,
I need to do the same.. where can i order them online??
cheers
shane
You probably cant order them online.........unless someone is taking the mick and asking more than vw on ebay. Just order them from a vw van centre or tps. These are one of those items that are actually quite good value from a main dealerI:.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hi,
ok got all the plates ,seats, rubber mat.. ready to go! i got 8 silver plates and 8 black plates, which side do i put them:*
also do i put anything under the rubber mat? because it looks like i may have a gap between the mat and the top of the seat mounting..? think i going to need some help..

·
Registered
78 Posts
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.!! I'm itching to finish my van..! no joking.. like get some cream for that itch..LOL:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
hi,
ok got all the plates ,seats, rubber mat.. ready to go! i got 8 silver plates and 8 black plates, which side do i put them:*
also do i put anything under the rubber mat? because it looks like i may have a gap between the mat and the top of the seat mounting..? think i going to need some help..
The silver and black plates are for mounting on the outside edges of the van ONLY,they are designed to match the difference in height in the panels. For the inner brackets you need this part number.

7H0802763A
This saddles the crossmember correctly for the inner brackets and the rear triple seat.

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
There are two rows of fixings, I'm guessing if you fit 1 extra row behind the rear ones, you can move the seat back a bit more, is this right?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm confused now..so I don't need the extra brackets for my second row (ie: kombi 2-1 seats) . At the moment I've just brackets and nut on the end! No washer needed??:*

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I'm confused now..so I don't need the extra brackets for my second row (ie: kombi 2-1 seats) . At the moment I've just brackets and nut on the end! No washer needed??:*
You need the l shaped brackets on the outer 4 feet and the z shaped brackets on the inner four feet the z bracket ties these feet together.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The silver and black plates are for mounting on the outside edges of the van ONLY,they are designed to match the difference in height in the panels. For the inner brackets you need this part number.

7H0802763A
This saddles the crossmember correctly for the inner brackets and the rear triple seat.

Fitting my kombi triple seat in the second row this weekend and this is the only post I can find that refers to these Z brackets????

I have the black and silver L brackets for under the van along the chassis cross member and I had assumed from other posts listing parts they used for conversions these were the only ones required???

HELP! Don't want to not fit required brackets......

I have to fit in my 2008 panel van

1 kombi rear triple seat going in next to sliding door
4 quick release brackets
4 silver L brackets - for under the van
4 black L brackets - for under the van

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Fitting my kombi triple seat in the second row this weekend and this is the only post I can find that refers to these Z brackets????

I have the black and silver L brackets for under the van along the chassis cross member and I had assumed from other posts listing parts they used for conversions these were the only ones required???

HELP! Don't want to not fit required brackets......

I have to fit in my 2008 panel van

1 kombi rear triple seat going in next to sliding door
4 quick release brackets
4 silver L brackets - for under the van
4 black L brackets - for under the van
The brackets you are holding are for the 2=1 set up inside floor pods to link them together. I will see if I can find a pic for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So...... For a triple seat fitted next to sliding door you ONLY need the L brackets for the chassis rail under the van?????

Thanks for helping guys, don't want to get it wrong!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Further to earlier confusing replies, the only chassis brackets you will need to fit the triple seat are the double z type brackets as previously listed. You will need 8 of these and will need to rivet these to the chassis. In other words if you are fitting just a triple seat then forget the single silver or black brackets, you need the double ones.
Any one needing a professional fit for kombi or caravelle seats please take a trip to Oxfordshire where Oxford T5 would be glad to help you with an insurance backed fitting certificate!!
Colin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts