VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I bought my T5 kombi earlier this year I noticed the V5 stated it had 9 seats. Thinking this was wrong I changed it with the DVLA to read 5 seats on the form. Now I'm wondering if I did the right thing????

Would it be possible to change it back to 9 seats on the V5 in case I want to add more seats in the future? The current config in the van is three up front and a factory double behind. I'm toying with the idea of adding the single in the back to make it a six seater.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
After I bought my T5 kombi earlier this year I noticed the V5 stated it had 9 seats. Thinking this was wrong I changed it with the DVLA to read 5 seats on the form. Now I'm wondering if I did the right thing????

Would it be possible to change it back to 9 seats on the V5 in case I want to add more seats in the future? The current config in the van is three up front and a factory double behind. I'm toying with the idea of adding the single in the back to make it a six seater.
I think they all say 9 seats as that is the max potential you can get in there.
I suppose if you informed the DVLA to change from 9 to 5, then it would be just as easy to do the same in reverse. :confused:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was only I had the V5 changed that I realised that it should have said 9 seats. I was too hasty to change it to 5 seats. I suppose the DVLA should be ok putting it back to its original description despite it still only having 5 seats in. Just wondered if anybody else had done what I've done?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was only I had the V5 changed that I realised that it should have said 9 seats. I was too hasty to change it to 5 seats. I suppose the DVLA should be ok putting it back to its original description despite it still only having 5 seats in. Just wondered if anybody else had done what I've done?

*when...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts