VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, needs some help off you nice, nice people.
Me van key is... well lets says very,very,very worn - Not a problem as I've got a nice new one cut but I've still got the same problem:
Key into ignition, switch on, start up - great everything is fine, engine running all instruments working as they should EXCEPT the music box:( However, if I push the key in and turn it ever so slightly against the spring pressure for starting it works, when the key returns under spring pressure it goes off again. Presumably, a worn key would also mean a similarly worn barrel?????? but everything else works fine.
Anyone got any idea's? do I need a new barrel? is it hard to do or mucho bucks in the stealers, maybe just a new ignition switch?
PLEASE HELP, It's damn boring travelling 500 mile round trips at the weekends wiv no music, even worse listening to my self trying to singLOL:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon guy's & gal's some ideas needed here please!!! Don't leave me to loose faith in the friendliness and spirit of the forum in my hour of need!!!

Sureley that must be grovelling enough to warrant an answer from one of the experts out there?????????????

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
I'm no expert, i haven't even managed to get my electric windows working in over a year, still i would guess you are on the right track with the worn barrel, or maybe a loose connection with either the ignition or live on the back of stereo.

I'm sure a real expert will be along shortly....

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you are not too bothered, why not change the feed to the stereo to a permanent live (join the yellow/red on the radio together) using the red lead. Otherwise it's a barrel and key jobby (not so easy) T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts