VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
A few years ago we stayed in Peschiera del Garda which is on the Southern end of Lake Garda, it is a really nice and chilled out old walled town with various canals through it. I can't remember which campsite we stayed at but if you zoom in on Google maps you will see there are a few in short walking distance to the town centre.

Have a good trip wherever you end up!

·
Registered
412 Posts
We stayed in Malcesine for a friends wedding which was a lovely place. Not sure on campsites there though as we hotelled it.

We did take a trip to Riva del Garda though and I remember seeing a campsite really close to the centre that looked pretty good.

Mark

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
I've been a few times. There are several campsites lakeside, between Torbole and Malcesine. Not stayed on them as we have either hotelled it or rented a villa in Navene.
Oddly enough villa rental ( usually small private houses) has worked out as cheaply as camping, on the occasions there have been 4 or 5 of us.

Which way you driving ? I've done France / Switzerland via Gotthard tunnel and on to Garda via Milan, but my favourite route for being quick and a lot more direct than it looks is Calais, cross the corner of Belgium, Koln, Franfurt, Munich, into Austria, then over the Brenner Pass, get off the A22 (?) at Rovereto Sud and head for Torbole, that's about 980 miles on the other side if I remember right.

EDIT; If you are into Mountain, or lake based sports and walking, then the North end of the lake is where it's at !

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
I've sailed there and back from Navene...That's Limone in the background T:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you hire MTB's out there would love to have a bomb down a hill.. or maybe try windsurfing. never done it before so probably would get mowed down by a boat or something!!!!LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts