VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Anyone know how big a job it is to change out a Lambda probe on a 174 t5? Special tools required? Have a crack in mine which is lighting the diag light, not effecting the vans performance but light cant be turnrd off on dash as the probe is registering a fault. Anyone any experience of changing one out?
Thanks.
P

·
Registered
875 Posts
I havn't done this myself, but... looking at the dpf that came off my van, the guess is its an open ended metric spanner on the sensor behind the turbo. Its probably undo it, new copper washer or similar then back on. Connect up the wires and all done.

Probably access may be the hardest bit.

Not sure if this is helpful or not but it may be a start..!

Rick

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi I have changed the Lambda sensor on my T5 06 Shuttle 20K ago.

Faulty heater wire inside sensor.

I frose the sensor befor I attempted to unscrew and used a special cut away deep socket.

Bought a new sensor from a motor factor, came with a very long lead wire but plugged into my loom ok.

Put the light out and still OK.

As a precaution I fitted an additional earth wire from the DPF to the engine, don't know if this helps but it made me feel better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I have changed the Lambda sensor on my T5 06 Shuttle 20K ago.

Faulty heater wire inside sensor.

I frose the sensor befor I attempted to unscrew and used a special cut away deep socket.

Bought a new sensor from a motor factor, came with a very long lead wire but plugged into my loom ok.

Put the light out and still OK.

As a precaution I fitted an additional earth wire from the DPF to the engine, don't know if this helps but it made me feel better.
Cheers,
Is it difficult to get at?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Sorry not got back to you quicker.
No not difficult to get at.
Not under car but infront of you with the bonnet open at about arms length leaning over the bonet closing panel.
Use a special socket with two extension and a rachet.
If it all goes like clockwork about 20minutes including putting the MIL out and road test.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts