VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed my first conversion - pretty chuffed. I had a company send me some pre-cut laminate units. Within 2 weeks small bubbles have started appearing in the laminate the whole length of the unit. Has this happened to anyone else? What causes it and us there anything that can be done?
Matt

·
Registered
228 Posts
Who was the company? Have you contacted them?
There's a video on YouTube from a guy who has his own channel? He bought some from Evo design and it happened to his?
He doesn't say anymore about it, here's the link, the defect is about 6:12 into video.

https://youtu.be/Zxrlzz6U5p8

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, appreciate the update. His is slightly different in that it is a big bubble. Mine is more speckled like it has measles and it is just loads of little bubbles. I spoke to one company who said damp had got in, but I've only had it 4 weeks and only camped on dry weekends. If I've got to be more careful than that then there doesn't seem to be a lot of point in having a camper!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Get back to who supplied the boards, that's the only way to get answers, laminate doesn't just bubble as evidenced by many very old campers out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts