VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any1 know where I can buy laminated boards from in the midlands area to do my cupboards in my t4?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

Just reading your post and didnt want to pass it by. I understand the most leightweight ply is Vohringher, its 15mm, laminated both sides. The only problem is it comes in 8 x 4 sheets so it's not that transportable. We did use this in our T4 but ended up driving to Somerset to Grassroutes Leisure to get ours. I understand there are a few suppliers around the Midlands that sell it but dont ask for shipping/delivery as it costs a furtune due to it's size. We paid about £100 a sheet for ours (+vat). Try googling Vohringher ply? Rainbow Conversions who are in Cambridgeshire supply it if thats any good?

There are other caravan outfitters such as Swift and some others (cant think) who also supply lightweight ply so maybe look into that. I am sure that soembody will be able to help you more. Good luck.

PS. Just bear in mind with the Vohringher you'll need to get the trim and have use of a router, on saying that, we ended up just making sure we used new blades on a jogsaw and it was fine.

Good Luck in your search.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers have got the tools hopefully the know how this is first conversion will have to post some pics thanks again:ILU:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does any1 know where I can buy laminated boards from in the midlands area to do my cupboards in my t4?
hello i work at cak tanks they supply to the public they have got loads in stock all sorts give them a ring or look on the website im sure they will sort you out ,hope this helps Rich bi the way first reply to the site

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Company called panel lock in corby. They supply the firm I work for. We make office furniture. 15 or 18mm chipboard. Its not lightweight board but good quality. T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts