VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have got a rear seat that has the female end socket of the seatbelt but not the actual seatbelt strap itself or male end plug. Has anyone got one lying around? Bristol / SW region if poss.

Thanks.

Read on for recent amusing annecdote:

Having fitted 6 single seats in my van, one missing a seatbelt, i recently drove across the country with 4 friends for a party. We were asked for a lift back after the party by a 6th person and pointed out that if they could find a seatbelt they could have a lift. They called in at halfords and various likely looking stores but with no success. Eventually they convinced a girlfriend of ours to let us attack her car with a socket set and remove her middle 'redundant' seatbelt. This she duly agreed to and we got all 6 of us home safe.

On the monday afternoon I received a call from our kind seatbelt lending friend:
"Umm, my car just failed it's MOT because it did not have a middle belt and they are trying to charge £150 for a new one... And they won't let me take the car away as they say it cannot be removed from the garage as it has failed its MOT so would be uninsured..."
She was not too impressed... Needless to say, feeling a little guilty I put the belt in the nextday delivery and apologised profusely while internally shaking uncontrollably with mirth...

B

·
0 Posts
the mot station guys need a slap!!!

you can drive it to and from the mot station with no mot or tax

1 - 3 of 3 Posts