VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i started the conversion from early 3 pce bumper to 1 pce rear. most people doing this have used the old center instead of using the proper steel and foam inserts, all i can so to those people is.......:* wish i had too.

But i didnt i used the whole lot steel foam inserts and it was a mare, well i say it was a mare but the only real problem was the steel inner bumper goes nearly all the way in to meet the back panel of the van and there is 2 threaded tubes that the spare wheel carrier bolts go into and these get in the way. hence i do not have a spare wheel at the mo.

apart from that it was a doddle. i will upload some pics later but i gotta go to work now. just the front to go im sure that will be a breeze.I:

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well as promised some pics
rear bumper
rear drivers side before bracket

same side withbracket fitted.

and the steel in place.

as i stated before leave the old center section in place its a lot easier than fitting this steel work due to the 2 threaded tubes that the spare wheel carrier bolts go in are in the way.
this is a pic of the steel brackets the hold the old center on.

and the bumper on.

thanks to ratboy. got it on eventually pard.T:

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
front bumper
center section(the bit with the white sticker on) probably dont need it but it just keeps it all straight and tidy.

this is the bottom of the drivers wing.

and here holding the bracket in place and as you can see there is nothing to attach it to as where the holes in the bracket are there is no metal.

so i took some 3mm alloy strip i had and cut a 3" pce bent it a little and attached here.

and in this pic if you look at the front of the bracket you can seethe M5 nut that i uased to hold the front in place.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stabelizer brackets were a pce of cake as the holes are in the chassis already.
this is the drivers side with the bracket to the left to see the holes are the same

and the passenger side in place. this attaches to the bracket your horn is attached too.

and finally........drum roll please. ta da tha bumper fitted.:D

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fitted that on weeks ago while the bumper was off, so much easier.. been gagging to get the front on but vw gave me the wrong brackets. not feeling the chrome grill now though so i can feel a carbon grill coming on. to go with the carbon bonnet when i get 2 secs to do it.I:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Great work Ron,

Looks bang up to date now with those smooth line and big rims, cant wait to see it up kingsley garage some time ;)

. not feeling the chrome grill now though so i can feel a carbon grill coming on. to go with the carbon bonnet when i get 2 secs to do it.I:[/QUOTE said:
You know, that what I was thinking but too polite to say so.

Its the new bumbers, the're crying our for more bad ass blackness on the front :cool:

Carbon grille and bonnet is going to look sick A:A:

see you soon buddy

P

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice one Ron, looks sweet.
Really want to get newer bumpers on mine, its pants not being able to get a tidy splitter on the old bumpers.

Top job matey!!:ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cancel my last, Dealership prices arent so bad, £7.72 + VAT each

Part No: 7D0 807 393 for Nearside
7D0 807 394 for Offside

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone know how the front m5 bolt was attached? No hole... Do you just need to drill one through the cross member?

Advice would be great

1 - 17 of 17 Posts