VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i started the conversion from early 3 pce bumper to 1 pce rear. most people doing this have used the old center instead of using the proper steel and foam inserts, all i can so to those people is.......:* wish i had too.

But i didnt i used the whole lot steel foam inserts and it was a mare, well i say it was a mare but the only real problem was the steel inner bumper goes nearly all the way in to meet the back panel of the van and there is 2 threaded tubes that the spare wheel carrier bolts go into and these get in the way. hence i do not have a spare wheel at the mo.
apart from that it was a doddle.

well as promised some pics
rear bumper
rear drivers side before bracket

same side withbracket fitted.

and the steel in place.

as i stated before leave the old center section in place its a lot easier than fitting this steel work due to the 2 threaded tubes that the spare wheel carrier bolts go in are in the way.
this is a pic of the steel brackets the hold the old center on.

and the bumper on.

thanks to ratboy. got it on eventually pard.T:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I fixed my bumnper on today my van is a j reg 91 the new bumper is from a s reg one pice , i too had probs fitting it , I found that the new bumper was hitting on the big cable clips , so i got them out the way , and the bumper went in more , then where the bumper irons go in to the body it was hitting on a small lip , so this was moved out the way and the bumper went on , now I have to fitt the front one , this needs work as i have to make plates to extend the bottom of the front wing , once this is done the bumper will be fitted ,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts