VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's got an "itchy throat" (don't ask ;) ), so wanted me to make "root ginger infused tea" for her :*

Got in the van to go to store, and did a double-take as I passed the petrol station.

Diesel 10,04 kr/litre.

Now as it's "my local", I have a card that gives me minimum 0,30/l discount......that makes it 9,74 kr/l

Current exchange rates means I just paid less than 90p/l A::DLOL:

Wish I had a bigger tank, but did manage to squeeze 64 litres in, after f*cking paying £1.20/l for 10 litres yesterday as the guage read zero and the warning beep got annoying! ...(it still reads zero, but it's a temperature problem on the dashboard...seems sun evaporates even a full tank of fuel!). :*

Normally, here, for some REALLY strange reason, fuel prices can change 3 times a day?!?!
Weekends mostly cheaper, but odd times Wednesday?!!?!

I'm sure it would never pass in UK, (I thought they couldn't change price until the storage tanks were filled?), but here, it depends on weather (whether or not it's holiday time), day, or even time!

Still...you guys HAVE to be jealous, as earnings are so much higher in Norway (most things also cost twice as much!)...but stacking supermarket shelves pays £15/hour :D

My UK pension don't go very far though....:( (Doesn't even pay for my beer!!!)

90p/l...... Rasp:

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hah!.
But everyone knows, in France, whatever fuel you use....you go at "snails pace" and the van hops with "frogs legs"...LOL:

(BTW, really enjoy both of those culinary innuendos.....with garlic butter!)

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sent her to work.....out of MY hair until 11pm tonight!

Health care....she either works 3pm to 10:30pm, or 10pm to 7am shifts

Now you know why I post so much cr*p on an evening! Rasp:

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,491 Posts
Hah!.
But everyone knows, in France, whatever fuel you use....you go at "snails pace" and the van hops with "frogs legs"...LOL:

(BTW, really enjoy both of those culinary innuendos.....with garlic butter!)

......... 'Snails pace', suites me down to the ground that mate, got tired of racing around like a blue-assed-fly ! Makes me wonder why I bought the 2.5 151Bhp beast a few months back !? :* But as you say, probably something to do with 'S - car - goes' !!! LOL:

Strangely though, it seems to be more economical to run than all the others I've had ;)

TURK

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
So , what hapened with root ginger infused tea , then ..?? Or has that taken a back seat , as you sent her off to work ..?? And I also enjoy escargots , and cuisses de grenouille ...but not a ratty partner ...!!

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,491 Posts

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, though a cr*p actor, I like "Van-Diesel", at that price LOL:

He's not that bad....he's one of the few that can laugh at himself!

The reason I like The Expendables movies......they're all like our vans....past the prime, but good for a few more years if treated with humour!

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B*GGER!!!!
It's down at 9.69kr today!.....that's cheaper than friggin yesterday......
Have to go for a LONG drive so I can fill up again!

(True story, my uncle Gordon once DID go for a trip to empty his tank, as fuel was on offer....that was when it was 50p/gallon though. Yes, he was not the brightest of my dad's brothers!)

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,491 Posts
B*GGER!!!!
It's down at 9.69kr today!.....that's cheaper than friggin yesterday......
Have to go for a LONG drive so I can fill up again!

(True story, my uncle Gordon once DID go for a trip to empty his tank, as fuel was on offer....that was when it was 50p/gallon though. Yes, he was not the brightest of my dad's brothers!)

Are you not allowed to go down there with various containers ( proper jerry can ), and stock-up as it were ?

Just tell em it's for your lawn mower ! I:

TURK

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Considered that, but the price of buying containers offsets the savings.
My Polish lodger did manage to "produce" containers for an extra 20 litres though T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts