VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently got my first Caravelle, and really excited to get cracking on converting it to a camper in time for summer.

I'm just interested as to what different layouts people have.......I know most people do rock and roll bed at the back and units down the side, but I just feel it's a bit of a shame to have a lovely tailgate and to block off that space and view! Does anyone have the rock and roll bed backed against the front seats?

I would love to see any pics or ideas of anything a bit different for some inspiration.

Cheers and merry Christmas xxx

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Side seats at the back, which covert into either a width bed [I fit in] or a length bed, with the addition of the table plus cushions , for hubby.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like that sort of the layout I would like, do you have any pictures of the workings of the bed set up? T: *<:)>
Side seats at the back, which covert into either a width bed [I fit in] or a length bed, with the addition of the table plus cushions , for hubby.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
These pics show the bed before I blinged the van with gingham. LOL! [ie, when the conversion was just done]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The first pic is the view through the barn doors at the back, and the 2nd one is via the sliding door.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for posting that, I assume the centre parts of the bed just slide out from the side seats to complete the bed? T:
Yes they do. The side benches have a 'double skin' and the top layer pulls out of each side to meet in the middle. The back rest cushions fill in the middle. There's a central table which lives clipped to the back of the front passenger bench when not in use. This has a centre leg for when its a table between the seats, and it also has 4 much shorter legs for when it forms the end of the bed. The extra cushions are kept in the wardrobe, which is just out of shot, directly opposite the sliding door.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello! Here are a couple of snaps of our van interior - a little different from the rest. Fold down table on the side and fold out table for cooking on by the sliding door. Hope it's of use! :)

Hope those links work - first time putting up images!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
No, its a SWB.
Ooooo!, I was going to go down the traditional R&R route, but having had coach built motorhomes I actually prefer this sort of layout you have, I won't be using the rear seats for travelling anyway.

Is it wide enough to sleep on?, I am 6ft and a bit.

I like it a lot!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts