VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to get a pump top for ages
Found a pump this week to convert mine :)
So hears some pics

Both pumps

both tops

Old pump with control rod from new top

Old pump with new top on just need throttle linkage back on.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there seemed to be a problem with the movement on the boost pin
So I popped the top back off to find the arm inside that first looked the
same was slightly different and did not hold tension on the boost pin,
I then had to strip the head off the pump and release the pivot bolts
To get the arm out.

Hear you can see the arm and pivots released.

And hear the distribution head removed so the
arm would come out.

Both arms look much the same

Modified arm had to grind a small part off to give full movement
Of arm/boost pin

All back and looks to be working right just need to set it all up
When I've finished the engine and box rebuild I:

·
Registered
331 Posts
cracking post! Are you doing this for more power?what pump did you get to use? have you considered fitting a rover boost pin? they sell them in the brick works shop. have you got a boost gauge to help you set it up? im interested as ive got an lda pump to be modified and fitted into my van. ive done all the other bits that are suggested to do with it.

Can you post up results when its fitted.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So meany questions lol yes for more power, yes I have a boost gauge fitted and a EGT gauge, I will only post up the
Info when it's all fitted and working, I've spent ages trying to get the info on what to use don't want to lead anyone
astray if it dose not perform :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should give enough fuel on mine as the boost pin moves a good 4mm :) and that acts on the same point as the fuel mixture and you only need to turn that in 360 deg to make a big difference that's only 1.5mm approximate :)

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Should give enough fuel on mine as the boost pin moves a good 4mm :) and that acts on the same point as the fuel mixture and you only need to turn that in 360 deg to make a big difference that's only 1.5mm approximate :)
Diesel Bob Tuning 2.4D Turbo Hybrid Pump -

My boost pin is runnning 6mm which is the maximum , i change the boost pin for a more aggresive one which works great and upto the boost to 1.5bar , since then i have turned it down to 1bar max using the boost controller T:

have you got any pix of your boost pin profile

The original boost pin -
11mm Toyota Pin i used to run and was getting 140bhp on rollers @ 1.2bar

11mm 300TDI Pin with Aggressive Fuel pin control grind getting just under 170bhp @ 1.5bar

11mm Standard 300TDI Pin

·
Registered
331 Posts
stealth camper - lets have a write up of yours then . what did you do? what did you use? what did you gane?

Brooksey- wow thats shiney? did you send a pump and it came back built? what did they do? results? how much did that cost?

can some one also post up how to change the pump and the steps that are required after? the timing ect ect?

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Brooksey- wow thats shiney? did you send a pump and it came back built? what did they do? results? how much did that cost?
it went a filthy old 100k pump and came back fully rebuilt £380 inc the LDA Fitted and supplied by DBT

Full re-built inc governor mod , Viton seals , LDA Fitted fully tested, cleaned & painted etc T:

worth every penny :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
does it kick ass? have you fitted a bigger exhaust and cooler to go with it? have you altered the injectors aswell?

im thinking to send my spare pump to diesel bob and get it sorted

1 - 20 of 34 Posts