VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I know it is a year away and it will not be everyones cup of tea but i was thinking while the tdf is in the uk we could organise a wild camp for the three stages. i will pop maps below for ppl to look at.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Living and biking in the area I was thinking of going to Grand Depart on stage 1 then at the end of the day heading to the summit of Holme Moss and grabbing a space in the car park by the transmitter on top. Camp overnight and wait for the Caravan and the Tour to pass on Stage 2.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Living and biking in the area I was thinking of going to Grand Depart on stage 1 then at the end of the day heading to the summit of Holme Moss and grabbing a space in the car park by the transmitter on top. Camp overnight and wait for the Caravan and the Tour to pass on Stage 2.

Not a bad idea that not sure how busy it will be up there though

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think Holme Moss would be great but it will be very busy,you couldn't get on it for the Wincanton Classic in the 90s bikings moved on a long way since then. The are so many places I would like to see it I need a time machineLOL:
Can't waitH:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Scuse my stupidity but how the **** is that a tour of France?

So many blokes out there with a new found love for lycra and wheels I can't believe there isn't an English equivalent we have to have a bit of theirs.

:dunno:

·
Registered
907 Posts
I live on the route for Stage 1 - but BEWARE, there's already talk about road closures on the B6160 north from Skipton - beginning at 8-00am :*.
Bags of roadside space on the moor top between Kettlewell and Aysgarth, but get there the previous night - or even sooner! It WILL be busy.
Campsites are available at Cracoe (Threaplands) and Threshfield (Wood Nook or Wharfedale Touring) and possibly a temporary site at Kettlewell for those thinking of spending a little of their hard-earned cash :jd. No doubt site fees will be 'inflated' for the occasion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ve already booked at Wood Nook, they are saying 3 nights min booking, so travelling up from the Fens onto Thursday,

Will make a change to see some hills !

·
Registered
907 Posts
I ve already booked at Wood Nook, they are saying 3 nights min booking, so travelling up from the Fens onto Thursday,

Will make a change to see some hills !
Most visitors from your neck of the woods often bring their own oxygen bottles H: !!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts