VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have noticed a wet patch developing below the brake/ accelerator on the standard rubber flooring. There is sometimes a small amount of standing water or it seeps through when i place my foot on it. I haven't noticed whether this gets worse in rain or not? I thought it could be wet feet etc an have ignore it until now.

Today my plan was to sound proof this areas with 'silent coat' so lifted up the flooring and discovered that it was extremely wet between the rubber flooring and the metal of the van with some signs that it could possibly be dripping in from behind the accelerator, but this is not completely clear. I assume this couldn't be condensations could it as there seems to be to much water..?

I had a golf once that flooded inside, but realised that the drainage holes each side of the windscreen, under the bonnet were full of leaves and dirty, which then overflowed internally in the same area, but i cant see this as being the same problem.

I have left the van to air a bit now but was wondering if anyone has any ideas on this as obviously i dont want to stick the 'silent coat' down if its leaking.

Thanks in advance.

James

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh ok, that would make sense. I'm learning as i go here so wondering how i can check if its the seal, would you use a hose and see if it comes in or is the away to specifically check the seal? Thanks for your help! James

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Hi,

Also check that it is water, and not brake fluid, the pedal box is notorious for breaking on t4s and can break clutch pipes and or clutch master cylinders .

If it isn't broken get one of the pedalbox repair brackets, it's the best insurance against a future break. If it has already broken then I don't recommend them as they will not realign the master cylinder correctly.

I can sort you a reinforced pedal box on an exchange basis if you need one.

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I put black "Gorilla Tape" over the screen seal onto the roof and pillars as a temp fix on mine, works a treat, but I don't know how long for! If it still gets the floor wet its not the screen seal...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts