VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Devon van conversion on a T5 high top.
Water is leaking through the rear barn doors top door seals. My VW dealer has failed to fix the leak following 3 visits, including replacing the seals under warranty. They have been told by VW Technical that there is no fix. I have this in writing from the VW Dealer.
I have returned the motorhome to the Dealer from whom I purchased it (I am the first registered owner), as I am required to give them a chance to fix it before rejecting the vehicle.
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, I have the same problem: 2006 t5 hightop.
During heavy rain, rains come in from the top door seal somewhere.
Did you manage to get this problem fixed??

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a similar issue on a tailgate T5. After putting a hose pipe on it I realised that the end of the curtain rail on the door was interfering with the seal on the van body and water was coming there. Something to check.

Got the converter to shorten rail and all ok now

·
Registered
293 Posts
Had the same problem on my van although a lot older than yours a 2005. found that water was going underneath the seal where it fastens onto the body . removed seal and refitted with a bead of sealer all the way along to top edge , no problems since . but in your case on a NEW van i would not be happy with that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi

I have had the same Problem the right hand door needs a good pull to shut it .
This may seem odd my drive is on a slope and has a slight slant to the left which seems to twist the van and looking at the left hand door it is slightly higher than the right at the top foot or so ( run your hand over the interface and see if they are level ) it seems to sort itself out when back on the level ground but the right hand door needs a good pull several mornings we have woken up with a puddle around the back doors.

this is my second High top and the same happened with that one

as yours is a new van was it stored some where on a slope ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is my solution for now: I ordered a "z shape seal" from ebay. fitted like image below. Kind of hard to see, but I fitted it on the underside of the lip that goes over the doors.

Had massive rain today. I placed a cardboard inside where the water used to drop down: Not a single drop! T:

/Ralf Selfjord

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is my solution for now: I ordered a "z shape seal" from ebay. fitted like image below. Kind of hard to see, but I fitted it on the underside of the lip that goes over the doors.

Had massive rain today. I placed a cardboard inside where the water used to drop down: Not a single drop! T:

/Ralf Selfjord
[/QUOTE

/Ralf Selfjord
Hi, I know it's a long time ago since you posted this about fitting a Z seal on the top edge of the T5 to prevent leaking around the barn doors.
I see the pictures are no longer accessible of the strip you fitted, any chance you still have them as this would really help me?
Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts

/Ralf Selfjord

Hi can you send me pictures how fitted this z shape seal as i am having the same problem thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts