VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My floor is always soaking despite taking the black rubber matt out and drying it.

My drive is sloped. If i park facing down then after heavy rain the roof lining above the front window is sometimes wet.

When I parked facing upwards last week the middle row offside seat was soaking and the middle row offside seatbelt was soaking inside the pillar. (as well as the floor).

The roof lining seemed to be dry. I have two ideas.
1) my after market roof rails. Screw in front and back to the original vw bolts- could the water be running down the threads and into the cabin?
2) the pipes from my sunroof which run to the back wheel arches are blocked meaning its overflowing? or maybe the pipes have a split or a connector has come apart?

Cheers

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi mate if its any use i fit and repair sunroofs quickest way to check your draintubes is a small jug of water and very carefully pour some into the water channel area in the front corners, you should just be able to see the hole for the spout. Within 5 or 10 seconds this water should be coming out at the bottom inner wheel arch/sill area. If not chances are they've become blocked with either crud or more involved they've closed up due to kinking somewhere behind the trim. If blocked you're best to lower the headlining at the front pull the pipe off and blow down it (they don't taste too good!) or a bit of compressed air but don't go mad with the c air or try and run a thin cable down it. If you park the van facing uphill pour some water in the channel and check the back pipes are clear in the same way. With your roof rails if waters been getting thru the bolts and down the threads it normally starts to leave a trace of white powdery crud from where its started to oxodise. You can grease the bolt and silicone the top gasket to overcome this. Hope this helps pm if you need any more info regards Alan

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. the rear drain pipes were blocked above the wheel arches.

I cleared them out using compressed air and they're draining fine now.

cheersT:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts