VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fed up with getting wet, so have decided to fix my leaking sun roof.

Thought it may be a blocked drainage tube as was the case on my Wifes Beetle, couldn't find a hole looking from the outside with the roof open, so I have stripped the inner lining out and low and behold, there is no drainage tube.

A couple of questions:

Has this been left out by VW (it's a factory fitted sun roof) or do they do sun roofs without drainage tubes?

Should I fit a drainage tube?

Its leaking due to the seal between the sun roof and the body not sealing sufficiently, when I lift the sun roof out, am I going to be hours cleaning the old sealant off or is it a rubber like gasket thing that will peal off easily?

What would be the best product to use to re-seal or would clear aquarium sealant do a good job?

Not dealt with leaking sun roof's before :* so want to be aware of what is required before I rip it out

Thanks, T:

Lurch.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well had a dry run into work this morning, no towel needed A:

Would just like to say thanks for all th many responces that I had to my initial questions I: Rasp: :confused:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm sorry no-one answered. If I'd seen your post before now, I'd have queried that you saw no drain holes, cos I have a 2006 Kombi with factory sunroof (slldes back orb tilts) which has dran holes & pipes at each corner. Seems mad for VW to fit sunroof without drainholes. So are you sure yours was factory fitted? You dont say what model or year...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts