VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to stop water coming in from the top of the windscreen? Is there a bung that needs replacing?
When I go around a corner, water comes from the plastic surround inside the window on the top, either over my lap or my wife's lap. Don't mind when I turn right it goes over the wife and it makes me laughs but hate the left hand bends when it goes over me and she laughs.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? If so, check for leaks above headlining first, if not, then your screen needs removing and refitting.
If it's screen you could try to find the leak and seal it but personally I'd just whip it out and rebond it back in. Done right first time T:.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing coming in from the sunroof, no water marks or anything there. Going to have to wait until it stops raining to see whats what.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey, don't want to hijack the thread, but I think mine might have had a similar problem in the past - all around the top of the windscreen there is a sort of repair with plenty of gunk and new carpet stuck on... any ideas what the cause of this might be? Also, top left hand side has a lot of wind noise at speed, tried filling it with silicone but no luck... the whistling continues...
Cheers

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think these vans tend to rust around the seal, mine is doing at the bottom right, i think it's a case of taking out the screen, treating and smoothing the rust, spraying it then getting the nice man at autoglass to come put it back in properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts