VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents after rain I'm getting water in the front of the cab,it's coming from under the dash and hitting the wheel arches on both sides.its not loads just enough to course concern a few mates who have vans have noticed the same. Is this a common problem.
Next has anyone heard of adding two stroke oil into your fuel. I've headrvthis a couple of times but I'm not too keen on adding anything on a whim? My van is a 1996 2.5tdi. Many thanks AL :*

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pull the carpet and soundproofing back from the side of the footwell. Above the bonnet release handle you may see some expanding foam type stuff poking through the inner wings, this seems to bleed water from the inner wing into the cab. Also the stuck on hard deadener leaks from the inner wing into the cab through a 10p size hole that its hiding. Break the hard deadening and re-seal over with stick on gutter repair type stuff.

Found this on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoO3OJXbGk

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mineral, not synthetic, 2 stroke added at 1 part oil to 200 diesel is very effective and safe. Or try Diesel Rhino, which is excellent and as good as they say it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts