VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have discovered a little rust and water in the foot well on the offside of my T5. Any tips on curing the rust and tips on find the leak?

Its a 2005 T5 and I have just brought it and obviously want to fix it. Any other tips on rust removal and tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
T4 2 Ltr AAC one of the first RHD off the production line 1991
110 Posts
Hi Don't know if it's the same as on my T4, but it is worse when the van is parked facing down a slope, the rain appeared to greeting past the scuttle to bonnet seal and then running into the cabin via the bonnet pull cable (near side), so it might be coming in through cable grommet somewhere.

The other issue I discovered was the the aerial itself, the bottom aluminium tube stuck out from inside the wing and into the engine bay and water was dripping in.

Good luck

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi... I found water in my footwell too, had all the seals off, gave them a clean and put them back on again, seemed to do the trick, I also trimmed my carpeting back a bit where it came against my sliding door seal, and tailgate, as for rust I used "underseal" "wax oil" and put a coat down before putting my flooring back in T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts