VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was because I was parked on uneven ground, so I turned the van round so the high side was going down hill, and there's still a good 5mm lean to the left at the back. I'm running t4srus 85mm springs and lowering plates. Gonna get under there at lunch time for a closer look. As it's only 5mm it may just be the plate is dislodged.

Anyone had any similar issues?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
morelikely uneven loading or you need to adjust the front.
Yeah I think that's a possibility but I've only got a rock n roll bed and a few odds and sods. Bed is not bolted down and is pushed over to the left. Pretty sure the front is lowered evenly, as I spent a long time getting it right. Will check carefully though T:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so had a look underneath. Looks like left spring is more compressed (only slightly) so moved bed into the middle. That helped. Hopefully it may settle.
Front is very slightly uneven, by maybe 4mm. But it's NS front that's higher. Wouldn't the affect the adjacent rear wheel I.e. OS rear would be lower? But my NS rear is lower! I dunno. I'll level it out later and see if moving the bed makes the rear settle. :confused:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Consider better springs? I had this on the exact same springs with one of my vans yet when I changed over to the Eibach it was level.

Sounds like you did the lowering yourself to do not a hard diy job to switch to something a bit more substantial.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Consider better springs? I had this on the exact same springs with one of my vans yet when I changed over to the Eibach it was level.

Sounds like you did the lowering yourself to do not a hard diy job to switch to something a bit more substantial.
Yeah easy enough to swap springs. I like the drop though, on the lower side at least ;) none of the 'better quality' springs give you that sort low.:(

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts