VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
I think it meant to be a typo of leather as it isn't real leather, that would be pretty pricey and shrinky, its just a leathette. I have one although not from van-x, love it. Although you have to check it ain't rusting underneath as they can hold water next to the paint work.

also there are some traders on here who do a discount for members...

As for the sticky stuff, i like that a lot! might be a bit of a knack when it comes to fitting the stuff though... It would be perfect for a velle who has the grey cloth on the door panels, who have upgraded their interior and still left with some of the chintz about.

I wonder what the price per metre would be? Maybe a potential group buy?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I bought some of the self adhesive stuff. It's not bad though not as flexible as the ad makes it sound and if you rub it too hard to get a bubble out or to smooth it, it can start to fluff up. It's not terrible but I've not bothered with any more of it as vinyl and spray glue is better. He has some intersting stuff that looks like it is foam backed that I might be tempted to do the roof lining in. As a matter of interest, communication and postage were both very good with this chap and I think the spelling mistakes are possibly down to English not being his first language, mind you, I am originally from Leeds so it's not mine either! (Ey oop) H:

Forum bras?, now that might be nice! T:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sam, I think I got the jist of what you're trying to say in your pigeon english (Rasp:), it's good to have a first hand report.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's not just pigeon english, it's racing pigeon english! I was being distracted whilst typing as my flat cap was slipping over my eyes and the whippets were making a terrible racket ;)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
He was handing out samples at Lazy Lobb and the fabric does look pretty good. I would agree that it doesn't stretch that much, but to be fair it would be a pig to put on if it did! In general his quality is very good. We have had a few things from him. He is a good ebay seller in my experience.

·
Registered
646 Posts
i have a bra from cmc and after looking at the van x ones if you are having plain black they are fine but i think the chequered ones look absolute rubbish to be honest the cmc ones fit brilliant are padded and are separate vinyl cheques stitched together where as the van x ones are painted and look poo. just my opinion

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Can you get bonnet bras in other colours? The only ones I've seen are black or chequered, if so where might I find them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts