VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got lecy windows fitted to my 94 van.

My right hand window works fine but the left is refuseing to work. I have stripped the door card off and checked the motor with a direct 12v to the two wires and earthed to the chassis. The motor works in both directions so I know the motor is fine.

I have a couple of switches that I tested with a volt meter. There are five terminals on the switches. One is positive, the others show continuity when the switch is pressed in both directions. The other switch has continuity untill the switch is pressed in both directions.

I have a switch on the drivers side to operate the passenger window and one on the passenger side aswell.

Im pretty sure the switches work so think its a wiring issue.

Any help would be appreciated, simple wiring diagram would also help.

·
Registered
772 Posts
you should have a 12 volt positive supply on the wires to the motor one for either up or down and the negative is ground try going up with the switch and see if either wire has a feed to it

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Hi

Check the wiring where it go's through the rubber bellows between the drivers door and the van body. This is a common cause of electrical problems with e/windows,central locking e/mirrors and door speakers.

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers Trev.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts