VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lovely flashing LED next to the drivers door lock pin has stopped flashing :* I noticed it, or rather didn't notice it earlier, it was flashing weakly, but now not at all. Van locks OK, courtesy lights are working, but no LED.
LEDs seldom fail, could be wiring I guess - does the unit pull out from the top, or do I need to remove bits of door card and capping etc? Does anyone know the voltage of the LED, is there a resistor elsewhere in the feed, or do I need a special LED?
That's a lot of questions! Any answers welcomeA:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Had the same problem with the one in my mk4 golf, changed it for a blue one off eBay, much much brighter too ! Just cut and re-soldered the two wires connecting the led. Mine was a faulty led though.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Had the same problem with the one in my mk4 golf, changed it for a blue one off eBay, much much brighter too ! Just cut and re-soldered the two wires connecting the led. Mine was a faulty led though.
May have to look into this as I have a Clifford fitted aswell!! T: are the old units easy to get out??
Cheers ajay *<:)>

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Trim removal tool to do it, or a thin flat bladed screwdriver to lever it up and out.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I just checked, none on there at the moment, should be quiet in work today so*<:)> I'll have time to try and find someone online with them buddy.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Found the elusive VW blue led alarm/door pin.

Search Eay for seller: audia4turbosport or his current auction: 230728153219

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dragging up an old tread but I have also noticed that my LED has stopped flashing? All other functions are normal. Is it most likely that the LED has failed or could it be something else? I changed the keyfob battery the other day but I don't think that related. Anyone with any ideas before I pull the door card off?!

·
Special Rapporteur
9,904 Posts
Depends how long you are waiting. I don't know about the older vans, but on the facelift, they are designed to turn off after a fixed length of time to reduce battery drain. You have to wait a while for that to happen though....

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,229 Posts
Depends how long you are waiting. I don't know about the older vans, but on the facelift, they are designed to turn off after a fixed length of time to reduce battery drain. You have to wait a while for that to happen though....
Wouldn't that negate the effectiveness of a visual deterrent? :*

Out of curiousity, just went to look at my light. ... Still flashing after being locked around an hour ago.

·
Registered
79 Posts
With a lot of research and reading and playing with the van, for anyone who's interested it seems to be a faulty sliding door lock mechanism, although still locks and unlocks I think it's the internal dead lock which is intermittent causing the LED to follow suit

·
Special Rapporteur
9,904 Posts
Wouldn't that negate the effectiveness of a visual deterrent? :*

Out of curiousity, just went to look at my light. ... Still flashing after being locked around an hour ago.
Perhaps - but then maybe you didn't wait long enough? According to the manual for my van, it turns off after 28 days :)

But I confess I have not actually seen it happen on mine...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
It could be something to do with one of the other doors. Sometimes my passenger door knob doesn't go down when the van is locked & as a consequence the red led does not flash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I seem to have the same problem. LED never seems to work and I've had a problem with the battery draining. I disconnected the battery the other night as I was annoying me not starting every morning. When I re-connected the battery the LED works, surprise. But I unlock and lock again on my key fob, no LED again. So my question, by disconnecting the battery then reconnecting does that reset a switch/terminal that then activates the alarm properly. And if so would that drain the battery by not disconnecting the battery I.e the circuit staying live??

Hope that makes sense any idea of what to replace or just live without an alarm and pull the fuse

1 - 20 of 25 Posts