VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My indicators seemed dim more so front ones
So replaced with led which made bulb error light on dash light up so replaced again with the bulbs in link below
Led with voltage regulator built in
No these work fine if the engine isnt running but if engine is running they flash a few times and then stop no indicator at all front rear or side repeater! Until you turn off engine and start again then same few flashes then nothing
Any ideas or advice?

·
Special Rapporteur
10,816 Posts
Are they new standard bulbs? There are a couple of reasons why filament bulbs get slightly dimmer as they get older, but if they are new I'd stick a meter on and see what voltage you're getting at the bulb. If it's way below what you are getting at the battery then there's something wrong somewhere.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There new yep as i tried changing bulbs as a first port of call
Was a bit of a rush round last night will have a play at the weekend
They may be fine but I just think they should be brighter

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seller says despite having load resistor built in i need an additional load resistor
£20 on ebay but the seller has very generously offered $3 towards the cost 😂

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Was having a similar problem . My old bulbs were losing their orangness(through my clear lenses) so upgraded and replaced them with orange LED's worked fine with the hazards but individually went in to hyperflash blown bulb mode due to the lower current draw messing with the old mechanical relay Flash rate think you can upgrade to an LED compatible Relay but only on certain models.
Thought about putting the resistors in but ABD exchanged the bulbs no problem and I bought these anti hyperflash bulbs instead ,fit well and work as they should ,no hyperflash
Auto bulbs direct .581/382 Twenty20 HF0 LED Indicator Bulbs - Anti Hyper Flash.
Work very well but beware extremely bright ,not had any complaints yet 🤣 but mabey show up next M.O.T.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts