VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

This I think is a familiar topic

So I have a 2004 T5 which doesn't have canbus.

I fitted an RNs510 (LED 'H' suffix) with all the bluetooth, MDI remote microphone etc. I then had an amp, a small sub and new speakers fitted by Hazzydays

I connected the unit to the van with a canbus simulator I bought from Autoteile ltd

http://www.autoteileltd.com/vw-touareg-t5-rns-510-can-bus-adapter-kit-1-6-to-2-0-incl-tv-fre/

Battery lasts about 4 days

Any ideas? Is it just the wrong emulator

I have a brand new varta battery that I fitted at the same time too.

Im desperate to sort this as it makes the van practically unuseable as everytime I come to use it, its dead as a doornail

Thanks

David

·
Registered
875 Posts
I Have a RNS 510 in an 09 van, it works fine. I think its the canbus unit... think being the operative word. Its that or, the software version. This is a common thread on the following site.

Have a look at vwnavi.com as there are loads of very knowledgeable people on there

HTH

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Hi all

This I think is a familiar topic

So I have a 2004 T5 which doesn't have canbus.

I fitted an RNs510 (LED 'H' suffix) with all the bluetooth, MDI remote microphone etc. I then had an amp, a small sub and new speakers fitted by Hazzydays

I connected the unit to the van with a canbus simulator I bought from Autoteile ltd

http://www.autoteileltd.com/vw-touareg-t5-rns-510-can-bus-adapter-kit-1-6-to-2-0-incl-tv-fre/

Battery lasts about 4 days

Any ideas? Is it just the wrong emulator

I have a brand new varta battery that I fitted at the same time too.

Im desperate to sort this as it makes the van practically unuseable as everytime I come to use it, its dead as a doornail

Thanks

David
There is loads of post regarding this issue on google search, from firmware on the 510 to canbus modules on the vehicle.

Does the unit switch off when you pull the key out of the barrel...?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi There

Thanks for coming back. Yes the unit switches off when I pull the key from the barrel. And the illumination works too (albeit with say about a second delay which I am assuming is the simulator doing its thing)

It has the latest firmware upgrade on it I am told. When the guys at HazzyDayz fitted the amp and sub and speakers, they confirmed it had the latest version on it

D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I disconnected the rns510 completely. 3 weeks later.... Van starts fine. What should I try next.. Is it likely that the emulator is faulty???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts