VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is following on from the thread in the T5 section ref bodykits HERE. I think the general consensis on bodykits for the T4 are that they are a bit OTT and there is a huge gap in the market for something more subtle. I have suggested to Leeloo that maybe a bespoke splitter to fit onto the stock T4 bumpers and maybe a wide arch kit would be nice for vans running low offset wide wheels.

Any other ideas and suggestions appreciated T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
one more question about arch kit, for what kind of type of T4, SWB ?? LWB ?? before 98 or aftr 98 ?? I know there can be differences.
Can you precise me what king ist more popular ?
Leeloo, i think the arches are the same on the LWB and SWB models are the same so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. With the splitters there might be a bit of a problem because of the differences with the old and new style bumpers, from your perspective i would probably initially do something bespoke for the new bumpers although having the old bumpers i would love it if you made something for the early ones.

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Think we need something subtle for the back bumper also Jim. Same old story. You sort your front splitter add some side bars so from the side she's sittin low except for the back end.

Just a suggestion T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Think we need something subtle for the back bumper also Jim. Same old story. You sort your front splitter add some side bars so from the side she's sittin low except for the back end.

Just a suggestion T:
Good plan, especially with a nice pair of pipes to frame T:

I quite fancy some sort of side trim for the jacking points to cover that unsightly strip between the arches as well T:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I though today about arches and I will do them, think they will be ready end of august...early september

how wide it must be ? 3 or 4 cm ? is OK ?

by the way I have in stock few T4 tailgate and barn door spoilers I:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I though today about arches and I will do them, think they will be ready end of august...early september

They only need to be a bit wider than the stock arches, maybe 3cm but must blend well with the stock bumpers so tapering away at the bottom. I'm sure whatever it is they will be ace T:T:

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK will find T4 and do them, hope they will looks well :) T:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
If your on about the rear bumper that's exactly what i was after Billy T:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Eagerly awaiting any updates on wheel arch widening for T4... could look the T:
Gary

·
Registered
502 Posts
How about an easy way of getting rid of the lopsided ears. Maybe snap on covers but both the same size. Might even be space inside for a blind spot mirror as standard on so many other vans.

I'm never going to be able to afford audi style lights, so been thinking about how to add LED DRL's in the grill or the fog light spaces.

·
Registered
979 Posts
yea i think i realy nice minimal moulded splitter would be great and sell well just want to enhance the look rather than change

·
Registered
378 Posts

Leeloo, how much for the barn door spoiler? Got a pic?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts