VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping the collective wisdom/experience on here can help with an issue I'm having findig a suitable leisure battery for my T4:

I want an auxiliary battery to power my eberspacher heater, stereo and 12v sockets: not for proper camping over long periods of time, just for the odd hour or two when parked up, in order to prevent my starting battery being flattened.

I want it to fit under the passenger seat, but because the seat base is lowered (to allow for subaru seats and swivels), I only have 140mm max height.
This height restriction has so far meant that I haven't been able to find a suitable leisure battery anywhere. So, does anyone know where I can get a super-low height battery from??

Another option I thought of is to use something like a Motorsport red-top (or lithium-ion) battery. These are slim and can be laid on their side so would fit a treat, but they're low Ah and are shallow-cycle starter batteries rather than leisure batteries. Can anyone advise on whether this sort of battery would cope with my needs (realistically, I won't be demanding much as it's a van with a couple of 'bits' rather than a proper camper with accessories that is parked up for long periods without the engine running), and whether a starter battery would cope with this sort of use???

Any advice would be much appreciated to get me out of this pickle....

·
Registered
10,600 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's brilliant, thank you! Have found one on their website (and then bought cheaper on eblagg) that is 55ah and will fit where I need it to, mounted on it's side (which has been confirmed ok as they're fully sealed). Job jobbed.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts