VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone post a link up to a good quality 110 leisure battery that will defo fit under drivers or passenger seat bases please

·
Registered
579 Posts
http://www.tayna.co.uk/EXV110-Enduroline-Calcium-Leisure-Battery-P8423.html

Just got one of these, in 175mm high. (you need to call and ask for one as the website will only let you buy a 190mm)

Can't comment on its performance yet as is not really been used but it fits under the drivers seat lovely.
Plenty of room for a swivel on top if you want
Ordered 2pm thursday on my door step 10am friday .

Looks to have a decent warranty with it as well, which i am lead to belive the Elecsol ones don't

Phil

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Im after the exact same thiing.

Ive found Bristol batteries to be the most helpful, they have a few branches in my area. They aswell as other battery dealers i have spoken too in and around my area, all say the same thing.

"I wont find a genuine 110Ah battery which is 190mm high" they are all slightly higher. To get a battery to fit under the driver seat it will be a 90ah, which they can all supply me. (unless of course i want to shell out for a gell battery which can be mounted on its side.

I was also informed apparently that New laws/regs were brought in last year, which proved many 110ah batteries were not actually that size they were actually less 90/100ah).
So some companies might say their batteries are 110 when actually there not.?

So for me its looking like i will have to settle for a 90ah, @ £77.
Its going to be running ceiling LED's & a 12v socket, then maybe a tv in the future? so im guess this battery will be suitable.

·
Trade Member Plus
1,965 Posts
Im after the exact same thiing.

Ive found Bristol batteries to be the most helpful, they have a few branches in my area. They aswell as other battery dealers i have spoken too in and around my area, all say the same thing.

"I wont find a genuine 110Ah battery which is 190mm high" they are all slightly higher. To get a battery to fit under the driver seat it will be a 90ah, which they can all supply me. (unless of course i want to shell out for a gell battery which can be mounted on its side.

I was also informed apparently that New laws/regs were brought in last year, which proved many 110ah batteries were not actually that size they were actually less 90/100ah).
So some companies might say their batteries are 110 when actually there not.?

So for me its looking like i will have to settle for a 90ah, @ £77.
Its going to be running ceiling LED's & a 12v socket, then maybe a tv in the future? so im guess this battery will be suitable.
have to aggree with Bristol batteries, if you are able to talk to russell squires, hes a top bloke and will look after you on priceT:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Perhaps something to bear in mind with regards to battery safety?

A word of caution: Because leisure batteries situated in the living areas of motorhomes are in an enclosed space, and because under some circumstances escaping charge gasses can explode, all camper batteries should be totally sealed or be vented to the outside or have special flame arresting vents. This is one of the reasons that GEL are favoured by manufacturers because most are properly and totally sealed - as also are our AGM range below. Unfortunately the term 'sealed' doesn't always mean what we think it means - persistent enquiries about several budget 'sealed' batteries on the internet produced responses along the lines of "Thank you for your enquiry. It is sealed only in the sense that the Battery Boxbattery cannot be topped up ... this battery must be fitted in a vented space". This is also true of our budget SFL range which are only 'sealed' in the maintenance sense. Anyway - do beware when purchasing, not everyone really knows what their 'sealed' means but we do and we're honest about it too! Our AGM left And GEL ranges below right are fully sealed "to 180º", so you can even use them on their sides, very handy under seats etc!

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/leisure_batteries.htm

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I can deliver quality calcium technology 110 ah leisure batteries that are 190mm high for £90. These comply with new regs on capacity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts