VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many Ah battery have you used?

All I need is for a compressor fridge, lights and Eberspacher, no need for amps and the like. Can I get away with a battery of less than 95Ah?

No sites we almost always use a hook-up but at shows there is often up to three nights on the battery alone.

Your experiences please.

·
Registered
979 Posts
We have a 110 Ah, but if we run the lights, fridge, TV and propex about 36 hours before it is flat, next year we are going to get a solar panel to help out a bit, in the summer when we are not using the lights and propex 3 nights is no problem:)

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
we have always had 110Ah batteries and have never (touch wood) gone flat, me ma and pa have an 85Ah and that ran their comp. fridge, lights (halogen) and webasto for 2 days and nights no bother.

on the odd occasion we go to a campsite it's even rarer that we get hook up, mostly becasue our battery is big enough to supply our needs. in the grand scheme of things, a 110 takes up very little more space than a 85, and there isn't that much in the cost! if you can fit it in get 110!T:

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I have a 50W solar panel on the roof it charges a 85ah leisure pretty quickly Im planing a 3 month trip to europe in he summer so I just purchased a 255ah gel battery its pretty big and a bit much for most people's needs but should last forever!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Id go for 110Ah too. I have two one fitted using a kinda replica of your plate Rod and another in a sealed/vented box between the front seats. I charge them using an Adverc advanced regulator. It improves the capacity available, conditions the batteries, prevents sulphation and extends battery life. Its not too cheap either, but i never need to worry about having no power or not being able to charge the batteries quickly.If you use high drain stuff I would recommend these highly. If you dont then a standard split charge is enough. They are relatively easy to fit, if you have a little electrical knowledge. Sterling battery managment do something similar but its pants if you ask me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts