VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
It's the height you need to watch for - I think 195mm tall is about the limit so the terminals don't foul on the seat base.
I have a Leoch Xtreme 1750 110Ah.
AGM / gel batteries are preferable to bog standard lead acid - certain types will need venting and can't be laid on their side etc.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I haven't personally but I've had that one in my van for the last 2 n a bit years without problems (numerous camping/biking trips etc.). I think Hoovie or someone else on this forum recommended them - and they install/sell leisure electrics so figured I'd go with something recommended by those more in the know than me!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't personally but I've had that one in my van for the last 2 n a bit years without problems (numerous camping/biking trips etc.). I think Hoovie or someone else on this forum recommended them - and they install/sell leisure electrics so figured I'd go with something recommended by those more in the know than me!
Ok sounds good . I'm going to get 2 of them and a ctek dc/dc charger CTEK "OFF ROAD" Battery to Battery Charging System 140A and a 150w solapanel

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Leoch xr1750 110ah is what I have got but I had to cut out one of indents at the back of the double seat to get it to fit, fits in nicely when it’s done though

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks mate, ha yeah love the orange! Done a fair bit of work to it since those pics. I need to do put up a conversion thread, taking loads of pics along the way, not finished yet though

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,098 Posts
Yup, the Leoch XR1750 is a good value no nonsense battery :)

Just a word of note ... when fitting a pair in parallel, remember to run a +ve and a -ve from one battery to the other (lets call them A and B); then take the +ve feed from Battery A, and the -ve from Battery B.

Doing it this way will ensure you use both Batteries evenly and get the best performance from the Battery Bank.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yup, the Leoch XR1750 is a good value no nonsense battery :)

Just a word of note ... when fitting a pair in parallel, remember to run a +ve and a -ve from one battery to the other (lets call them A and B); then take the +ve feed from Battery A, and the -ve from Battery B.

Doing it this way will ensure you use both Batteries evenly and get the best performance from the Battery Bank.
Ok thanks for that I was going to run +& - from battery B so I'm glad you said that .. it makes sense now you said it

21 - 40 of 48 Posts