VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hi all,wanting to fit a leisure battery under the passenger seat of a swb t4,trouble is the ones ive measured are 1/2" to tall,im sure ive seen them fitted under seats on this forum so is there a special mod or do battery dimensions vary from manufacture,if so where can i get one .forgot to say 85 amp battery.
hope someone can help thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hope this isn't too late. I had the same problem, but I...

1. Cut the top 4-5mm off the battery posts

2. Packed the seat mounting bolts with a couple of washers front and back

3. Cut a 'battery' sized hole in the cab floor carpet, and

4. Just for good measure fixed a piece of insulating rubber to the seat frame which is draped over the battery to prevent a short circuit in the case of a porker sitting on the seat!

This was under the drivers seat of my 2003 888 Special and it has been just perfect for over a year now T:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I managed to fit a massive 135 AH AGM (Absorbed glass mat) battery under the passenger seat. You can lay these on their sides, just like Gel batteries, but they're significabtly cheaper. So massive I can barely lift the damned thing. Hope I'm not too late to help.
T:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)hi,all thanks for all the help,but fitted the low body 110ah as suggested by nealglover earlier.i did end up trimming a little off the ends of the battery breathers because the seat adjuster underneath didnt quite clear when fully in the backward position,and jacked the seat rails up 1/4" for extra height but this was due to mounting battery in a remio clamp,:):) ps battery was £82 delivered from kernowrat next day.really helpfull people to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts