VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any1 help me i want to run a leisure battery id like to uses this method which i found on here (hopefuly its the right way)
I run a nice big cable from the + of the van battery to the + of the leisure with a 70A relay inbetween switched off the ignition. then power everythin off the + of the leisure battery. when driving the stereo is effectivly off the van battery (down a longer wire) and when the key is out runs off the leisure directly

but im not too sure how to put the relay into it

thank you

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
which relay, the switching relay. what is it your not sure about. where to put it in relation to batts or how to wire the terminals.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Whatever relay you put in, make sure you put a fuse at both ends of the cable, just before it terminates at the battery + terminals. The reason for this is that you will have two sources of power, one from each battery. If you were to get a short on the cable run, both fuses will blow. Without them, well, a fire could be the result.
I am not sure how you intend to run the relay.
You could take a look at my guide, here.
I used a different method, that was more expensive, but easier to install.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i guess the switching relay. i want it to just draw power from the leisure battery when the ignition is off.

jurasik i was just looking at your guide im only running a tv and my dvd paying and radio off mine so i guess i just need to copy your
alternator
battery
vsr
leisure battery
and then just wire up my things too the leisure battery cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts