VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I purchase a leisure battery which actually fits under the passenger seat? All the ones I seem to locate are too high!! I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem, any advice warmly welcomed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i was quoted £101 for a leaisure to go under the seat witch they use in the vw t5 camper . that was from a vw dealership

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Stridey posted this on the Electrical Installation for camper - How/What/Where thread

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=349&page=2

Can I just warn against placing a battery under a seat. Having had a battery explode under a bonnet of a mondeo, I would never have one inside, near my legs, unless properly boxed and vented. I would imagine all youd need is a blanking plate to the front and perhaps base of seat so stop any acid spraying the back of your (or passaneger legs).

In my T4 there was enough room to place two batteries side by side under the bonnet, by rotating them 90 degrees. Some people have constructed battery trays for this as well. Putting them under the bonnet save space and wiring lengths between charging which is a good thing. Downside is the argument that the battery is colder at night/day so less efficient.

I also have a 12v led digital meter that I can switch between batteries to tell me if they are charging and also their state when stood still. Useful.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
145 Posts
youll need a good inverter for them then!

Got a 500 w trace inverter and it wouldnt do that, keepsa henry hoover going for a while though.

or are they 12v these days? If they are my girl want some for xmas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts