VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as some of you may know I got a bit of a bargain recently on a caravan, a neighbour said he was scrapping his as it had some nasty electrical faults. He knew I liked to "tinker" and asked if i wanted to play with it and if it was to much work i could scrap it. Anyway i sorted electrics and used it at wurzle dubs back in May, we loved the ease of it so i decided to tart it up a little. There had at some point been a leak in the roof but was assured it had been repaired, unfortunately that was not the case. So project investigate got underway, I wasn't prepared for what I found. The roof was rotten, the wall was rotten and the floor under the shower was very rotten. I sent pics to T4 chippy and asked how do i fix this? He replied and said start a thread, so I have but i still don't know how to proceed. Pics will follow soon and hopefully so will a name, name suggestions and wood work tips welcome.T:

Anyway here she is the day i got her

here she is now

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
IT deffo don't loo good mate, is that the arch in the photo?? both walls are shot aswell :(

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So now the weather has changed and I have an abundance of water falling from the sky, I have managed to identify a number of leaks. Both sky lights and the rear mushroom vent all leaking. Anyway i've done a little stripping out and repairing.

Stripped out

The skylights from inside, its very obvious where the leaks have been

The sky lights completely removed, cleaned up and refitted

The rear mushroom vent had leaked, the last owner siliconed the inside so the water went for the sides

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i cut the floor rot out and trial fitted the replacement floor, Ive managed to cut it out leaving the good floor joists in place for attaching new floor to something solid.

There is still more to cut out in this pic but i forgot to photograph it after i cut the rest out

And this is the floor patch trial fitted

I will build the new frame tomorrow and rebuild the floor bit by bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts