VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 'pause' of 5 years since I completed the internal fit out of my van... I've taken the first step towards the next phase of my van build...

Time to pimp the exterior...

and I've just placed orders for some new lights... *ahem*I:

Ok, ok, it's a soft start... but gotta start somewhere! T:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Code:
Lower.... lower... lower...
Yup, just making my mind up on that... based on another post, I'm going to lower with the wheels i have, then look for a new set of alloys...

Already decided it's gotta be 60mm (based on all the pics i've trawled, and all the vans I've stared at in car parks... 40mm just doesn't seem, well, enough!)

I think that's the easy decisions thou.... lights, lowering.... but wheels, hmmmmmmm!?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Now see with mine, I am going to leave my 16" Audis on with thick wall van tyres. Only because my wife will be driving the van. But defo lower, cause even if my wife says that the van needs loweringI: .....say no more lol

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Code:
Yup, just making my mind up on that... based on another post, I'm going to lower with the wheels i have, then look for a new set of alloys...

Already decided it's gotta be 60mm (based on all the pics i've trawled, and all the vans I've stared at in car parks... 40mm just doesn't seem, well, enough!)

I think that's the easy decisions thou.... lights, lowering.... but wheels, hmmmmmmm!?
Hi there, might be worth customizing the back before you lower it. Don't want to lower it 60mm, load out the back,then find out it's too much. (not that you can lower it too much, seen some 80mm's on one site) Just a thought, that's all!!!T:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there, might be worth customizing the back before you lower it. Don't want to lower it 60mm, load out the back,then find out it's too much. (not that you can lower it too much, seen some 80mm's on one site) Just a thought, that's all!!!T:
The back is already kitted out (check my album) so I know I've got plenty of height still to lose. It's a good point thou and as I will be fully loaded this weekend to go camping I'll see how low it drops.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New lights arrived in the post today... so gonna try fitting them a wee while....T:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, that's just about the easiest job in the world ain't it ?

All done, and very pleased I am too....

Now, onto the next thing....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have now fitted new rear lights, and front indicators, little grill into the air intake vent (all from T4sRUS - very prompt service, btw)... and today fitted a new set of side bars from Tidy Transporters.

Very happy with just these few simple mods.... now just need to continue working down my list of things to do....

Colour coding the bumpers next, methinks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts