VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
As far as I have read I think most people will get a warning for a first offence but if you re enter after 28days you will receive a fine, much the same as a parking offence so a reduction if paid within a certain time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ok, so what happens if that happens twice or more for whatever reason? Shall I pass the bill onto whoever crashed/broke down/was doing up the road?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think they will treat this the same as the congestion charge as that has been up and running for some time now without too many glitches. People will eventually get used to it and just avoid the area if your in a non compliant vehicle. If you do get diverted through the LEZ area I should imagine it will be treated the same as this, where you will be guilty until proven otherwise. Yes an absolute ball ache much the same as contesting a parking fine!!! The only consolation is if a major diversion is in place then it would be on the system and would be taken into consideration and may waver the fine. At the end of the day they don't give a monkeys this is just a new tax on the motorist and another way of generating revenue to pay off the countries colossal debt!!! Beware bods dropping off their loved ones at Heathrow (one massive pollution generating machine)!!!!!!!! as this too is within the LEZ!!!!!!! I wonder what spineless bureauT**T hiding behind a desk thought of that one up, rubbing their hands together!!!! :eek::*:(:confused:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
bought a van from north london last week drove the north circular to M4 what a dump who would want to live there let alone drive in london.its a battlefield never seen such bad driving .i shall not be returning by road.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Not all inside the m25 is in the lez I live in Surrey inside the m25 and I'm ok if I only drive west as all other directions are heading to lez so sandown VW show is ok as long as u come in from the west :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Low Emission Zone, LEZ, which has devalued my motorhome to scrap value.

The basic argument is that TFL were negligent in imposing the current rules, which effectively make my motorhome virtually worthless.

1) The LEZ rules are retrospective in that many people made financial decisions on buying a vehicle, based on a reasonable assumption that they would be able to drive their vehicle in the London area.

When I bought the van to convert to a motorhome that the regulations were not in place and were not being publicised.

2) That TFL was negligent in that they were unaware, through lack of research, that their proposed solution to someone such as myself was to fit a filter. However, these filters will not work as the filters are effectively designed for rural area driving.

If I fit a filter within a short time of driving in London road conditions:

a) It will not work

b) It will be blocked and will actually pollute more

c) If left unblocked it will overheat and would damage the engine. In extreme conditions it could cause the vehicle to be destroyed by fire.

(Need evidence)

3) TFL were aware that the filters were not effective as they allowed special exemptions:

a) Circus vehicles

b) Vintage vehicles

4) If the proposal had been properly researched by TFL they would have been aware of that there were many other vehicles where fitting a filter is not the solution and as such many motorhome owners, charities, small business users, (many of whom will have to give up their business), will have vehicles that are unusable in the London area.

A better solution would have been to have allowed the owners of such vehicles to buy a special licence with tough emission tests.

In reality within ten years the majority of these older vehicles will have been scrapped anyway.

As in point three TFL were aware of the difficulties for certain specific types of vehicle they were negligent in not foreseeing that owners of other types vehicles would adversely affected by their decisions

5) The value of my motorhome has dropped from around £4,500, (valued by an insurer, on what date), to a scrap value of £100, (valued by *****)

As the valuation was done a couple of years ago then the figure of £4,000 loss is reasonable. I note that motorhomes do not lose their value as quick as normal cars.

I am particularly badly affected by this draconian set of regulations as I am a pensioner, living on the basic pension, and was only able to afford to buy the van because of a small legacy from your mother. I am unlikely to ever have opportunity again.

The motorhome means to me freedom and gives me the opportunity to travel. Without it my life style is severely limited.

Therefore I am suing to have at least have a deposit on a valid, LEZ acceptable vehicle.

You need to start the ball rolling by writing a letter to LEZ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts