VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have M REG t4 VAN and have put in a side window and converted it into a surf van. is it now a motor home? I live in London and wonder if letting the DVLA know and chang the log book to a motror hove it will exclude me fronm the LEZ? A ny info would be great T:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have M REG t4 VAN and have put in a side window and converted it into a surf van. is it now a motor home? I live in London and wonder if letting the DVLA know and change the log book to a motor home it will exclude me fronm the LEZ? Any info would be great T: cheers guys

·
Registered
209 Posts
I put window in mine and I havnt let the dvla know about and the cops don't check it I get pulled about 3time a mouths to check it and see what's it like inside

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Might have to pay more road tax if you register as a motorhome... :*

DVLA are fussy, some people spend $1000's converting and the DVLA say no.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I am trying to say is, if my van is classed as a motor home and is less than 2.5 tons (diesel) will it exclude it from the LEZ due in Jan 2012? Just wondered if anyone has done this yet? Or does anyone have a t4 diesel camper 1994 ish? and is it exempt from the LEZ?

Thanks T: T:

·
Literally, white van man
4,071 Posts
Might have to pay more road tax if you register as a motorhome... :*

DVLA are fussy, some people spend $1000's converting and the DVLA say no.
Tax stays the same as it was before, it is VERY hard to change the tax class.

Mine has been changed to a Motorcaravan, DVLA registered and V5 returned,Same tax class (LGV)

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just found out that if the VW is under a 2002 you have to say goodbuy (deisel) I live in london and I will have to sell My T4, any offers lol I:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts