VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i decide to set my van on fire, let me have one last go at trying to find someone that would JUST SUPPLY a lez filter for my 2.5tdi T4 2000 plate, I dont want to end up driving anything other than my beloved, reliable, clean and quiet van.....

Does anyone on here know of anyone that supplies dpf filters for an old smoker like mine.....

Is it worth it.....hell yes it is......

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Good luck on that. When I got the snotty LEZ letter I went and did the usual checks etc, and then started looking at the web links...they have them on there, but they link you to German companies who sites are not translated and seem to be for commercial rigs for 40 ton lorries or coaches etc.

I never did find ANYTHING for a van. For me, I have a Caravelle Multivan so it is registered as a Diesel car with 7 seats so eventually they caught up with this and on last re-check was now compliant. I am sure that will change in 2015, but was thinking of starting a revolution before that. I even have a wall picked out for anyone from TFL.

Although judging by the amount of stupid legislation put into play under Blair and co, we are going to need a bigger wall.

Let us know if you find anything. It will come to us all soon enough I am sure. :(

David

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Before i decide to set my van on fire, let me have one last go at trying to find someone that would JUST SUPPLY a lez filter for my 2.5tdi T4 2000 plate, I dont want to end up driving anything other than my beloved, reliable, clean and quiet van.....

Does anyone on here know of anyone that supplies dpf filters for an old smoker like mine.....

Is it worth it.....hell yes it is......
I have finally had confimation that my 1999 2.5TDI, Motorcaravan is LEZ compliant, after a long hard battle with TFL, The DVLA are a waste of time, however to your problem becareful when you have the DPF fitted as I know of 4 people already who have shelled out lots of cash on these only to have the stolen within a week ! £1000 scrap average for the thieving little scum bags and it takes 2 minutes to remove !!!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
cheers fella, mates are saying i shud convert to a camper......
or possibly the bare minimum for it to be classed as such? but if its a work van then Im nae sure how the insurance will work :*

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had my 1.9TD T4 reclassified after fitting 4 seats in the rear also installed 2 side windows, when the log book came back from the DVLA it had been changed from a pannel van to an MPV, so along with a copy of the new log book and some pics of the conversion I sent a nice little letter to them explaining that my MPV was now running on 100% rapeseed oil and no smelly diesel fumes either, they sent me a letter saying that I was now LEZ exempt up to the year 2018 when I am assuming they change the rules again, I hope this helps you,regards bighook.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts