VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No doubt you've already heard...

Subject to consultation, Boris Johnson - The Mayor Of London - plans to suspend the introduction of the third phase of the Low Emission Zone plan, due to come into play in October 2010...

·
Registered
154 Posts
If this dosent go ahead then we will see a lot of t4/t5 for sale in london as it will cost far to much to run one in london , I for one will have to think if I can keep mine ,

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm hoping that Boris goes along with this because I've recently bought a T4 '92 2.4 litre diesel Westy camper and it wasn't until I came on here that I realised that I could possibly be affected by the LEZ.
Unless your camper is a monster (over 2.5 tonnes) it wouldn't have been hit by the new regs anyway.

Here's hoping Boris continues with his plan to suspend the 2010 changes for vans including T4s - I don't want to have to change a perfectly good van!

Just in case, does anyone have any recommendations on who could do the relevant remedial work to make a T4 pass the Euro IV? Pref Midlands or SE.

S

·
0 Posts
Think its all a bit silly really... What are all the working T4's in London going to do? Not to mention transits etc?! Basically putting your local tradesman out of business and forcing him/her onto the train!

Fair enough to hightop vans etc, but small commericals is just ridiculous... They'll be banning T4's from Cornwall next, stopping them from crossing the Tamar bridge... Imagine the outrage... :eek:

Jono :ILU:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My T4 is an 800 special, which I thought was not ever going to be liable for the LEZ charge. But if I go on the TFL website and put in my reg number, it says it is liable from Oct 2010.
So, if Boris doesn't stop the implementation, is my van rated correctly on their website. Or could they have simply taken all T4s, it being simpler to make people appeal than to get it right themselves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts