VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just been talking to some friends in Germany and they have told me to look at the 2 links below dated 23/12/2011

1. http://www.lowemissionzones.eu/retrofitting-mainmenu-149?start=1
2. http://www.wiesbadener-kurier.de/ratgeber/geld_recht/geldmarkt-aktuell/meldungen/11489157.htm

The first one(should be in English)is all about lez in all of Europe and how it effects us all,it should come up on the Retrofitting page scroll down and you will come to a sentence which says"In many countries there are also financial incentives to support the retroftting of particulate filters"????. The second one (Which you may have to translate) shows the cost's including fitting for the filters "from 600euros(£500.00) to 1000euros(£834.34) depending on the model plus a grant of 330euros(£275.29)which you have to claim back"at today's exchange rate.It does say that if its an older vehicle it could cost more due to replacing the cat .
on here they are talking about having the filter inside the cat but I can not find it but will keep looking .If you can;t get the translation I will try and post a pdf
Anybody think it could happen here the government handing out a grant!!!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
No not now its already started today, this country won't give you jack sh~t towards anything...

·
Registered
595 Posts
L.E.Z happen here??? No, can't imagine for a second how that would work, would need some sort of camera system and be really unfair on people who drive vans, they'd never allow that. I'm sure if they did though there would be a subsidy to stop companies going out of business and financially squeeze families during a recession... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
L.E.Z happen here??? No, can't imagine for a second how that would work, would need some sort of camera system and be really unfair on people who drive vans, they'd never allow that. I'm sure if they did though there would be a subsidy to stop companies going out of business and financially squeeze families during a recession... :rolleyes:
Its happened this morning, there are cameras, (using the APNR) cameras on every exit in to and out of the M25... where have you been ? there are loads of Threads on here about it. T4 will cost to drive in or out £100, £200 fine if you do not comply or have not prepaid. however TFL will give you one warning but if you do it again with in the first 28 days you start getting fined.
Good Luck

·
Registered
392 Posts

judging by your details, You're slap bang in the middle of it matey!! :*

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17678.aspx#tkt-tab-panel-2

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I've lifted this contact name and number for VW UK from th LEZ site - Annette Gifoli 01908 601534

All Caravelles (but what about Transporters?) from 1st March 2001 are LEZ exempt - and that must include caravelle based Camper vans, as all VW approved campers are built on the Caravelle chassis...

Remember if your Transporter or Caravelle has an OGE production code then it is EU3 compliant and therfore LEZ exempt.

VW will write to TFL direct to get your vehicle changed if their ELSA records confirm this, which they will...

Just to recap the list of EU3 compliant engines are as follows (as previously published)

from July 1999

TDI - 111kw (150bhp) red "I" engine code AXG

from November 1999

TDI Automatic - 75kw (102bhp) engine code AUF

from May 2000

TDI - 75kw (102bhp) engine code AYC
TDI - 65kw (88bhp) blue "I" engine code AYY

from May 2001 (2002 model year)

TDI - 75kw (102bhp) engine code AXL
TDI - 75kw (102bhp) engine code ACV (from engine number 266252)
TDI - 65kw (88bhp) engine code AJT (from engine number 058063)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe we should ignore goverment... as they ignore us...? I am still using my S-reg T4 in London. I am not going tu pay £100 per day or any fine... I must work...Nothing can stop me.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Maybe we should ignore goverment... as they ignore us...? I am still using my S-reg T4 in London. I am not going tu pay £100 per day or any fine... I must work...Nothing can stop me.
You know waht people should do, all register our vans at Boris Johsons home address, the V5 does not have to be in the owners name so nothing illegal there, let the fines start dropping though that useless piece of sh#ts letterbox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts